Is something missing from the list below? Please link to the content/abstract in the comments section.
Publications in Academic Journals
- 2016. Slavoj Žižek. Antigone. Bloomsbury Academic.
- 2016. Slavoj Žižek. Against the Double Blackmail. Allen Lane.
- 2016. Slavoj Žižek. Disparities. Bloomsbury Academic.
- 2016. Slavoj Žižek. The Wagnerian Sublime: Four Lacanian Readings of Classic Operas. Verlag der Buchhandlung Walther Konig.
Publications in Newspapers and Magazines
- The Left’s Fidelity to Castro-ation, In These Times.
In the last decades, Cuban “socialism” continued to live only because it didn’t yet notice it was already dead.
- Slavoj Zizek on Clinton, Trump and the Left’s Dilemma, In These Times.
To paraphrase Stalin: They are both worse.
- The Breakdown of Rational Argumentation, The Philosophical Salon.
- Clinton, Trump and the Triumph of Global Capitalism, In These Times.
Why the Hillary Clinton consensus is a threat to democracy—and the Left.
- A Reply to My Critics, Part Two (re: The Sexual is Political), The Philosophical Salon.
- The Hillary Clinton Consensus is Damaging Democracy, Newsweek.
The need to defeat Trump is a breeding a homogeneous movement that lacks principle.
- A Reply to My Critics, (re: The Sexual is Political), The Philosophical Salon.
- The Sexual is Political, The Philosophical Salon.
- Disorder under the heaven, DiEM25.
- Could Brexit Breathe New Life Into Left-Wing Politics?, Newsweek.
Will the post EU referendum chaos give the Left space to redefine itself?
- Beneath the Veil: On the Truth of Islam, ABC.
- Dear Britain, The Guardian.
Ahead of the European referendum, we asked leading authors and thinkers from EU countries to write letters to Britain. Do they want us to stay, or are they ready to say goodbye
- Democracy’s Fascism Problem, In These Times.
Europe has a ‘democracy deficit’ on both the Left and the Right.
- Explaining the Panama Papers; or, Why does a dog lick himself?, Newsweek.
The question of where crime begins is not a legal one, but an eminently political question, a question of power struggle.
- Stranger Danger: To Resolve the Migrant Crisis We Must Recognize the Stranger Within Ourselves, In These Times.
It is such silence that really helps our racist enemies in that it feeds the distrust of ordinary people—(“You see, they are not telling us the truth!”)—boosting the credibility of racist rumors and lies.
- A Crisis in Manufacturing Consent, Newsweek.
Those rare moments when our democracy really functions and voters get a real choice are perceived as a crisis of democracy, the author writes.
- Slavoj Žižek: What our fear of refugees says about Europe, New Statesman.
The true question is not “are immigrants a real threat to Europe?”, but “what does this obsession with the immigrant threat tell us about the weakness of Europe?”
- The Rturn of Public Vulgarity, Newsweek.
Trump is the purest expression of this tendency toward debasement of our public life.
- Slavoj Žižek: The spectre of Putogan, New Statesman.
Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdogan are now officially enemies, but doesn’t it seem more and more that they stand for the two versions of the same political regime
- Slavoj Žižek: The Cologne attacks were an obscene version of carnival, New Statesman.
Were the recent Cologne sex attacks a deliberate assault on western values and a middle-class sense of decency?
- 2016 December 3rd, A ‘clash of civilisations’, Interview with Mehdi Hasan, Al Jazeera.
- 2016 December 1st, Slavoj Žižek on Cuba and Yugoslavia.
- 2016 November 30th, A Marxist for Trump, Interview with Mary H.K. Choi. Vice News.
Far-left philosopher Slavoj Žižek explains why he supported Trump over Clinton.
- 2016 November 27th, Slavoj Žižek on Castro’s death, RT.
- 2016 November 16th, Electing Trump will ‘shake up’ the system, Interview with Mehdi Hasan, Al Jazeera.
- 2016 November 15th, Slavoj Zizek on why Trump won, RT.
- 2016 November 10th, Slavoj Zizek on Trump, Capitalism, and the Left’s Global Crisis, WNYC Radio.
- 2016 October 22nd, This Guy Is So Smart, He’s Got His Own Academic Journal, Mother Jones.
- 2016 October 3rd, Slavoj Žižek on His Favourite Plays, Interview with Liza Thompson, Five Books.
- 2016 July 1st, Slavoj Žižek on Brexit, the crisis of the Left, and the future of Europe, Interview with Benjamin Ramm. openDemocracy.
The Slovenian philosopher tells Benjamin Ramm that the survival of the European project is too important to be left to a referendum.
Notable video appearances
- Slavoj Žižek at the ‘European Angst’ conference (Goethe Institute) – Dec. 2016
- Refugees, Conservatism, and Cultural Incompatibility
- Slavoj Žižek on Cuba and Yugoslavia – Dec. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek on Castro’s death – Nov. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek on the US Elections and SYRIZA – Nov. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek – the worst interview with Mehdi Hasan (2/2) – Dec. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek – the worst interview with Mehdi Hasan (1/2) – Nov. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek – Why democrats lost – Nov. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek on why Trump won – Nov. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek would vote for Trump – Nov. 2016
- Slavoj Žižek on Trump and (the end of?) the Republican Party – May 2016
→ Is something missing from the list? Please link to the content/abstract in the comments section.